This page provides you some tips about Pool Safety Nets installation, to help you to have an idea of the needed equipment and the work. It is not an installation guide. The installation guide is provided when you buy a netting system. You MUST follow it of your Pool Safety Nets provider.
DIY Pool safety nets kit
- A lot of popular brands sell safety pool net kit for people who want to install safety device themselves. In the set, you will find all netting system, anchors, fasteners, a roller to store the net and all the instructions needed to do a good job.
The following list is not ewhaustive. it all depends on the Safety Nets manufacturer
- You must have a Drill and 3/4" Concrete Drill Bit
- Heavy Duty Hammer Drill
- 3/4" Concrete Drill Bit
- Soldering Iron
- Extension Cord with GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter)
- Tape Measure
- Cement or Epoxy depending on your pool deck
- Each kit is specific, Please follow the detailed instruction guide to know how and where to begin.
- 1st step : Measure your pool area and drill 3 inches deep holes to install the anchor system. Make sure to follow the shape of your pool.
- 2nd step: Once the anchor system is set. You should stretch the net across the pool and cut up the net to fit your pool.
- 3rd step: You must install the hooks provided with the net in such a way that anchor system is flat enough to avoid making a faux-pas.
- 4th step: Use the tension system to tighten the net above the pool. More the net is tight, more secure is your pool.
If you hesitate for any part of the installation process call the product manufacturer.